Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We All Fall Down

If you would have told me that January would have been so fraught with stupid, I would have cancelled it.  Or something.  If I could.

Just as I was congratulating myself for our family somehow avoiding the stomach flu during the holidays (we have all passed it around the past two Christmases), it all fell apart.  Not illness-related, per se.  No one has been sick.  Not injury related.  Well, maybe injury is closer.

Jay has been struggling with his shoulder really bothering him for a month now.  It's muscular so at least it's not popping out but he has been really feeling it.  It is one of those things that just takes a while to heal.  It's getting better but it's taking a while and you know how those things never feel better as quickly as you want.  Henry slipped on the floor at school the other day and ended up with a huge goose egg on his head that you had to see to believe.  William had some kind of muscle pull in his leg that left him limping and moaning for a few days.  Tessa missed three days of school for what I originally thought was a stomach bug but figured out was some kind of reflux/heartburn/"I'm Tessa and I have a sensitive stomach" kind of thing.  

Who is missing from this little narrative?  Yep - I have avoided any illness or injury.  Someone has to be at full strength to run the House of Injury and Anomalies.  I'm sure it'll be my turn soon but until then I'm just holding down the fort and handing out heating pads, ice packs, Tums and sympathy.  Lots and lots of sympathy.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like quite the month! Here's hoping the rest of February will be uneventful and you will miss out on any "falling down" or sickness incidents!