Saturday, September 14, 2013

September.....

I know I haven't posted pictures from our vacation yet, but I only have the ones we got at Disneyland.  I'll let you guess who has the rest of the pictures on their phone.  Said person is really busy at work though and I feel like a heel pestering him about them so they will have to wait.

September has been....OK.  Henry broke his arm last weekend while mountain biking at a Scout campout in Idaho.  He dislocated a bone and has a fractured wrist.  No surgery needed, thank heavens.  He gets his cast on Monday.  We're hoping for a shorter cast to allow him greater mobility.  Partly for his comfort and convenience and partly because he really, really doesn't like needing help for the simplest of tasks and Jay and I spend a lot of time taking deep breaths and counting to 10 as he reminds us just how unhappy he is about all of that.

William is famous!  Well, kind of.  He was mentioned in a newspaper article about his elementary school's PTA fundraiser.  You can find it at the link here:
http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/article_9173ef58-1cfc-11e3-9ff2-001a4bcf887a.html

If you don't want to scan through the entire article, here is his part:

Nine-year-old William Wright, also from Summit Elementary, came out to the trot even though he didn’t have any sponsors.

“I’m here to show support for my school,” he said.

 I wouldn't say he didn't have sponsors - Jay and I donated to the fundraiser. But I was a good sponsor. I even bought him a Slurpee after the run, which is more than some sponsors would do.

And while I don't have all the pictures from our vacation, here is my favorite picture from Disneyland:

No comments: