Thursday, April 18, 2013

Any Excuse Not To Cook

I'm not a good cook.  I mean, I can cook.  We eat.  No one is starving.  But I'm not good at it.  I don't enjoy it.  On a normal week, I cook Monday - Friday and Jay cooks on weekends.  He is a much better cook than me and generally enjoys it, so to say we eat well on weekends would be an understatement.

My cooking could be described as fairly utilitarian.  I tend to go through the same 8-10 meals on a regular rotation because they are easy and the kids will eat them. So it is with great joy and happiness that I find reasons to not cook dinner on any given night.

This week was Summit Elementary McTeacher's Night at the Smithfield, Utah McDonalds.  The teachers at William and Tessa's school took turns hanging out at McDonald and the school gets a portion of the proceeds from the sales that evening.  We were the first ones there - just after 5 pm - but the business was fairly steady and by the time we left it was pretty busy.

We've done a few other fundraisers like this.  We ate at Chick-Fil-A for Henry's school last fall and just last month we ate at Noodle's and Co for Summit Elementary as well.  I don't know how much Henry's school made, but Summit made about $500 from the Noodle's and Co fundraiser.  It doesn't sound like a lot in the grand scheme of things but every little bit helps.

Plus I don't have to cook.  Win-win!

No comments: