Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jay!



Today, with the help of a Cowboy pizza (well, half Cowboy/half cheese) and some Pace bars (Jay's favorite popsicle), we celebrated Jay's 43rd birthday. Unfortunately it's been a crazy week at work for him - he got home at 7:45 pm on Monday night and 11:30 pm on Tuesday night and was up and out the door at 7:30 am today - so I don't think he's in much of a birthday mood. But the kids were excited to see him when he got home from work today.

William had been practicing his birthday sentiments all day. He greeted Jay with, "You don't look a day over 45." I don't know where he came up with that. Well, OK, I do. But it was funny. And I'm all about funny. Especially when my husband, who isn't the most birthday-centric person you'll ever meet, isn't having a good day. It made him smile, which was the point.

Happy Birthday, Jay! We love you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am a terrible mother-in-law, I forgot to call and wish him a Happy
Birthday!!! But, I did remember to
send him a birthday day card. Maybe that will count for something.

Love,

Mom