Monday, January 26, 2009

Hot Water

Our hot water heater went out on Saturday. Well, not really out - the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. So Jay spent the weekend checking it every few hours and relighting it so we'd have hot water. Unfortunately we didn't figure it out until late Saturday afternoon and we didn't have hot water for Saturday night baths. No big deal, we figured - we'll just give the kids their baths and wash their hair Sunday morning (another advantage of having 1pm church). The problem was Tessa - she was having none of that. She insisted that she "needed" a bath. Jay tried and tried to convince her otherwise, but she basically insisted. So he ran a cold bath for her. She stepped in, looked at him, and said, "I'm ready to get out, Daddy." Yeah, no kidding.

The plumber came today and it's fixed. And we all enjoyed nice, hot baths tonight for the first time in a few days. The only problem was me - I got used to turning the faucet all the way to HOT and I ended up with a scorching hot bath that I had to drain and cool down with cold water before I even got in. At least I got my money's worth!

No comments: